The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DyCon – Dynamic Control” offers one postdoctoral position to carry out mathematical and computational research in Partial Differential Equations and their control, in the context of the Chair of Computational Mathematics of the DeustoTech Research Center in Bilbao (Basque Country, Spain), led by Enrique Zuazua, in cooperation with Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM), with excellent facilities and within a worldwide academic, research and technological network.
The chosen postdoc researcher will carry out mathematical and/or computational research, with excellent facilities and world-wide academic and industrial-technological network, in DeustoTech (Bilbao – Basque Country – Spain) in some of the priority lines of the project, that will be identified accordingly to the candidate’s profile.
Main Research Field
- Partial Differential Equations
- Control Systems
- Numerical Analysis
- Scientific Computing
Places available: 1
Estimated period: 1 year + 1 year from september 2018 (or earlier if availability allows).
- PhD Thesis in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Engineering or closely related areas, with emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Control theory, Numerical Analysis and/or Scientific Computing.
- Able to work in a highly motivated environment.
- Strong team working & communication skills.
- Good written English skills.
- Driven, independent personality.
A temporary contract in Bilbao, University of Deusto, at a stimulating work environment within a highly motivated multidisciplinary team. Possibilities to continue a research career depending on performance
How to apply/Application material required
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief research proposal aligned with DyCon objectives
- Contact Information for two or three references
- Complementary material
First call ends on April 30th, 2018. The Laboratory Deustotech at the University of Deusto in Bilbao (Spain) reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the positions open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.