The research group on Multiscale and Stochastic Dynamics at the Technical University Munich (http://www-m8.ma.tum.de/personen/kuehn/) seeks candidates for the following position: postdoctoral researcher (3-year).
Interested candidates should have a background in dynamical systems.
The position is funded within the SFB/TRR 109 “Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics” (http://www.discretization.de) with a duration of up to 36 months; a further extension of the position may be possible upon successful contribution to the project and prolongation of the SFB/TRR. The successful candidate will join the research activities of the group and contribute to the development of the project in analysis of singularities in dynamical systems. The project is carried out in collaboration with Professor Yuri Suris from the the research group on "Geometry and Mathematical Physics" at the Technical University Berlin (http://page.math.tu-berlin.de/~suris/).
• PhD-degree or equivalent (completed or to be completed within 3-4 months)
• optional/beneficial: expertise in discrete-time dynamical systems
• strong mathematical background in analysis/geometry
• good English language skills (written and oral)
• excellent grades
• CV + publication list
• transcript(s) for bachelor-/master-level studies
• names and full contact addresses of at least two references
• brief statement of scientific interests / motivation
Evaluation of applications may start immediately, the main application deadline is: April 30th 2017. However, applications may be accepted until the position is filled. Once the position is filled, this will be announced on the webpage: http://www-m8.ma.tum.de/personen/kuehn/jobs.html
The salary (TV-L 13 at 100%) is commensurate with qualifications and aimed to equal salaries of other researchers at Technical University Munich at the Faculty of Mathematics with postdoctoral researcher (3-year) positions.